Research at Penn State (RPS) recently did an extensive article on current clean-coal research at Penn State. Featured were the following:
- Direct liquefaction of coal to produce jet fuels (JP-900).
- Better molecular models for coal, CO2 sequestration in coal seams.
- Understanding coal reactions using femtochemistry.
- Adapting existing refineries for coal conversion.
- Making more comprehensive use of coal, producing value-added compounds.
- Molecular-basket adsorbents to capture CO2 from flue gas streams.