Jun 18, 2012

Newspaper Record of PA Anthracite Mining Found in 1902 Aussie Newspaper

user corrected images and old text archives, newspapers, mags etc
Australian National Library - home page screenshot
I was looking for some information on Anthracite coals mined in Pennsylvania and conducted a preliminary internet search on mine locations. One result that showed up was very unique indeed, in that, it spoke about a mine (Mammoth) that has been closed for a while (and since reopened for possible coal-to-liquids projects). What struck me about this web-hit was that it was from a 1902 newspaper clipping archived in the National Library (Australia)'s site.

I did my bit in correcting the first two paragraphs of that particular newspaper article and would probably go back to correct more in the near future. If you have an interest in restoring historical items, this is one way to do it sitting in the comfort of your home! You would also be contributing to knowledge sharing.

6 comments:

Bollywood saree said...

I really appreciate your post. It is so interesting and informative. I will come to see your post again.

Rent a Cab in Jodhpur said...

Wow this weblog is excellent I really like to learn your article. Stay up late works great! You already know, many people are looking for round of this information, you can greatly help them.

Unknown said...

salwar kameez "This is a great inspiring Article.I am pretty much pleased with your good Work.You put really very helpful information .."

Mens tuxedo suit said...

Abercrombie and Fitch clothes are invisible seam that is not visible to the naked eye. If the stitching looks messy or color, it means that it is a fake bag. Faux stitching oversized clothing is visible.

nehru suit said...

"amazing. I post I shouldnt invest in but cant resist shopping for! And at terrific costs too! Thank Like it! I like it a lot. You know exactly what you're talking about, exactly where other people are "

SEO said...

Great blog article about this topic,I have been lately in your blog once or twice now.I just wanted to say my thanks for the information provided.
sherwani

 
The Energy Webring